Thursday, March 30, 2006

Free Pizza... among other things

I ordered a pizza, through Campus Food, it's a good site that has a ton of colleges and restaurants near them. It has a lot of deliver places too, which is good because I live on campus and am currently sans vehicle. I have asked myself many times why I didn't bring my Jeep here, then I look at the parking permit prices and remember. I don't want to pay $300 per semester. That's an additional $600 a year (in case you can't count) beyond what is already over inflated prices. So, I walk. It's not a bad deal, but I guess I sort of got off topic.

Anyway, I ordered a pizza from Papa Johns, through Campus Foods. Campus Food is a good site, and they have worked for me everytime I use them. Papa Johns, however, had a slight issue.

I ordered at 8pm. In the comment box, I asked that it be delivered at 8:50-8:55pm, as opposed to how pizza places like to get to you in less than 10 min. I wanted it later so I could bring it to a meeting, I would, of coarse, be compensated for buying the pizza. Well, 9:05 came and went, and I was about to just go to the meeting pizza-less, when a Papa Johns truck comes rumbling up. I walked up to him, but also noticed that a girl did as well. He said, "I've got two orders, one was with a credit card" That was the girl's. He looked at me, and asked if my name was Jenna. He showed no sign of laughing, while I was. He asked if it was for room 357 (or something) and I said, 404. He asked when I ordered, I told him an hour ago. This is really poorly typed with people talking all jumbled up in one big paragraph and chances are noone's actually reading this far into the paragraph, so I'll just keep babbling a little longer. I need a catchy way to end this paragraph, so if someone is just glancing through they won't suspect anything. So he said, you should call the building and talk with Scott.

I walked away. I had cash as my payment, so no problem for me, right? No pizza for me, no money for them, right? Exactly.

9:25
I get a call from Papa Johns. Apparently they forgot to put paper in the fax machine, so they didn't get my order until just then. So, wait, they had a fax machine without paper for... an hour and a half? That's a little outrageous. Anyway, he said if I still wanted the pizza, I could get it for free. I was all free...pizza? Sure! I asked if he could deliver to a different place, because I was still at the meeting. When the guy showed up, he had no idea why it was free. I quickly told him, and he said how Scott was such an asshole. Scott is apparently the boss, does very little work, and constantly tells everyone around him how much work he does and how they should be like him.

Being the great guy I am, I offered to give him a small amount of money for driving the pizza to me. I only had a $20 (high roller), and said that if he had $17 for change, that would be wonderful. He had a $20, and exactly $17 singles... almost creepy how I picked that number. So I got the pizza to the meeting, about 3 minutes after it was over, and they ate all but 4 pieces.

While leaving, I saw someone I knew. I said, hey, Lillian, want some pizza?

So I went back to my room, sans-vehicle, sans-pizza, sans-$3, and most of all... sans-a good way to end this post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home