Monday, March 27, 2006

Poker Night

Alright, so this actually happened last Wednesday. I'm a bit slow, ok?

It started at 9:30 pm. There were around 14 of us. $5 to get in. Put simply, I was doing wonderful and at one point had a bigger stack of chips than anyone else. After that point, I lost them slowly, like a trickle. I just sort of stopped winning hands. Then I just ran out of chips. I was the second one out. Which made me feel better about myself because I'm not completely knowledgeable on the rules of Texas Hold em, especially in the betting deparment.

Once I was out, I was deep in boredom. I don't know how people can watch poker on tv. Not playing and watching was almost excrutiatingly boring. Yet there was nothing else to do.

When the tournament ended at about 2:30, Josh, McGill and I went to Stake 'n Shake. I had chili. Anywho, McGill had a dead fish. He bought it at Meijer the week before, but forgot to take it out of his Jeep. So we decided to go to Meijer and get him a new fish, at 3am. He did, after all, have his receipt.

So, we walked into Meijer, at 3am, and walked over to the pet department, which was just one aisle. McGill picked up the red phone, waited for someone else to pick up, then said, "I'm in the pet department, and I've got a dead fish." I'll tell you what, I cracked up. When he hung up, he said that everyone was on break, so someone would be with us shortly.

This lady walks up, and she's like, you want a new one? After looking at the receipt, she got him a new fish. Then... she asked if we wanted gum. We couldn't really say no... We were sort of forced into it. So this amazingly large woman that could have eaten my weight in a day or two, pulls out a pack of gum from her pocket. It's watermellon, she says, I like it because it tastes just like real watermellon. I just kept thinking wow to myself the entire time.

So, we just sort of walked around for a while, with a fish. Until around 4, when we left without buying anything. Yipee.

I went back to my office cubicle sized hovel, and commenced reading. I had, by my estimation, 8 hours to read an entire novel. I fell asleep with around 40 pages left. I woke up, not quite remembering falling asleep, and continued reading. I made it. The quiz wasn't that hard.

And life moves on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home