Saturday, January 21, 2006

Since when has Music been an Impulse Buy?

But more on that later...

Yesterday/ last night/ this morning my cousin came to visit me here at K-zoo. We had fun. I actually did not know this, but Adam (that's his name) has Star Trek Elite Force and the Expansion Pack. So do I. We spent a lot of time playing together. Which is actually quite awquard, seeing how it's a single player game. One of us controlled movement and regular fire with the mouse, while the other had the alternate fire and jumping on the keyboard. We switched back and forth who did which part when, and we had lots of fun, even if we were slaughtered by almost everyone online. Other players were at the 150-200 frag zone while we were elated to have 40.

About Elite Force, I actually just beat the Single Player mode last weekend. Which is saying something because I've had the game for somewhere around 2 years. But it always seemed that would get to the final level, the Forge, my file would get corrupted. Or Elite Force uninstalled, of the computer wiped, or an upgrade that deleted all of everything. Until I just quit trying. I found myself with my computer and I saw that perhaps for the first time there was no real danger to my file, so why not try again?

About the title, I went to the school store today looking for a microphone for my pc when I stumbled upon something most interesting. Several displays full of music. This may not sound unusual, unless I tell you that each disk of at least 11 songs making about 45 minutes was only less than 99 cents including tax. Wow. So I bought a couple, fully expecting music that inexpensive to be exactly the quality of the money paid. Well, I was mistaken. One was labled "Rock" I'll tell you what, if that same disk was at another store for $14 like every other piece of music, I would gladly have still bought it. The disk was Reincarnate, by Torn. I was really, really impressed. It's not like they were demos and of bad quality either, these were professional quality songs. Another one, labled "Alternative Pop" was Supernova by Liquid Blue. This one was also really good. I happen to prefer the rock music, but they were both of high quality. I suppose that if I got them for so little, you may or may not be able to download them for free. I'm thinking that what I paid was just the cost to distribute. Which means they are trying to get their names out so people go to concerts.

That's my one cent(s). Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home