Monday, October 10, 2005

Columbus Day... What's That?

So, since today is Columbus Day, I celebrated by walking around and saying to people, "Happy Columbus Day." These are my stories. (Bum, bum) (Just so you know, the bums are supposed to sound just like Law and Order)

There were the standard responses, then there were the ones I'd rather talk about.
The most common response by far was: "It's Columbus Day?"
Or: "Huh?" "What's Columbus Day?" "Who's Columbus?"
These people were asking in complete seriousness. I didn't feel like explaining it too them, mostly because I had so many others to reach, so I just said, "I don't know, my calendar just said 'Columbus Day'." They took this explanation and left me alone, which was perfect for me.

But aside from those, we start to get funny ones.
Like my all time favorite: "Oh hello thank you!!! Columbus."
It was funny because this girl that I didn't know (and still don't know) was completely surprised that I even spoke to her. She said her "Oh hello thank you" really fast, and the "Columbus" was almost an after-thought after I had passed her, and she kind-of whispered it.

My second favorite response was from the Vice-President of Legal Issues. (yes, I went into all the buildings and spoke to everyone that I found)
She said a lot, and she said it fast. It went a little something like, "Well thanks. Are you a student here? (insert yes from me) Is this your first year? (insert another yes here) Wow, we need more students like you to walk around and cheer this place up. What's your name? (insert Alex here) Are you a Boy Scout? (i was wearing my boy scout sweatshirt, and insert yes here) Well, I'm glad you stopped by. You probably won't see very many others here in the Admin. building because you caught us at lunch. (it was 12:03) Well, is there anything else you need? (insert no here) Ok, well thanks for stopping by."

There were a few other humorous responses, but that's about all I can remember.

Oh, and before I forget...

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home